Free quantity is actually the difference between the actual quantity and the billed quantity. Free Quantities are given for free so it is not included in billing/accounting, however, it makes changes in-stock inventory.
It is a type of discount that sellers may provide to their customers. This is in case they want to sell a few items to their customers for free under some schemes or offers.
To apply Free Quantity on Items in Bookkeeper refer to the following steps:
- Go to Template settings > Item table > Enable free Qty
- Go to Transaction settings> POS > Disable increase Qty while adding the same item
- Go to Transactions > Invoice > Create
- While creating an invoice, select items which you are selling for free. Once you have selected an item, enter the quantity which you have given to your customer for free and set the rate as 0.
- For further reference, you can edit the item description to include a narration that these items were sold for free.
After doing the above steps, your quantity will get reduced without having any effect on rates.