For importing sale/purchase transactions from Busy, your data must be in Excel format and the Excel configuration must be in the format as required by Book Keeper. Follow below steps:
1. Download the sample format of Sale transaction from Book Keeper with below steps:
Tools > Import Transactions from Excel > Download Sample Excel File
A sample file will be downloaded on Desktop (import_sales.xls). You need to copy transaction data from Busy to this Excel file. Below is the sample format:
2. How to configure columns in BUSY for exporting sales transactions?
Follow the below steps to configure columns:
Transactions > Sales > List > Screen > Open the report
In above report, you need to add custom columns to make it compatible for importing in Book Keeper. Click on custom column at top right for adding additional fields. Below screen appears:
Give format name as ‘ABC’. This needs to be done only once.
Click on Add New Col. It will ask for Heading, Position, Data Type, Alignment, No. of Chars, Show Total etc. You need to fill these values for 12 new columns as per below table:
|New Column 1||New Column 2||New Column 3||New Column 4||New Column 5||New Column 6||New Column 7||New Column 8||New Column 9||New Column 10||New Column 11||New Column 12|
|Heading||Sales||Total Invoice Value||Narration/Remarks||Buyer Name||Buyer Name||Buyer Address||Sales Person Name||Local / Interstate||Place of Supply||Item Description||Discount Percentage||Tax Account Name|
|Position||Last Column||Add After U1||Add After U2||Add After U3||Add After U4||Add After U5||Add After U6||Add After U7||Add After U8||Add After U9||Add After U10||Add After U11|
|No. of Chars||10||16||40||40||12||10||40||16||15||40||10||20|
|Show 0 As blank||-||Y||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Field Value Details||Data Field||Data Field||Data Field||Data Field||Data Field||Data Field||Data Field||Data Field||Data Field||Data Field||Data Field||Data Field|
|Category||Inventory Voucher (Header)||Inventory Voucher (Header)||Inventory Voucher (Header)||Inventory Voucher (Header)||Inventory Voucher (Header)||Inventory Voucher (Header)||Inventory Voucher (Header)||Inventory Voucher (Header)||Inventory Voucher (Header)||Inventory Voucher (Body)||Inventory Voucher (Body)||Inventory Voucher (Body)|
3. Save the above option and then click on Export button to export all transactions with additional columns to an Excel file. Below Excel file is generated:
4. We need to map the above generated Excel file as per columns in Book Keeper Excel sheet. Follow below steps:
- Date format should be TEXT format i.e. 2018-06-08. You can change date in Excel Sheet.
- Invoice No. should be continuous in every row. So copy invoice numbers when you have multiple items in a single invoice.
- You can remove Units column
- In Busy, Local and Central transaction shows with L/GST and I/GST but in Book Keeper, Local and Interstate are required, so we have to make these words.
- Tax Rate should map with accounts already present in Book Keeper. So, we have to replace all Tax Rate like this:
- Replace 12% with GST@12% for local
- Replace 18% with GST@18% for local
- Replace 12% with IGST@12% for interstate
- Replace 18% with IGST@18% for interstate
- And so on.
- You have to also replace Place of Supply according to Book Keeper. For example, Place of Supply is given in Busy as “Delhi (07)”, so you need to replace with “07-Delhi”.
5. Copy all the columns one by one and paste in Book Keeper sample file (import_sales.xls) then Import data in Book Keeper with below steps:
Tools > Import Transactions from Excel > Select Import Type > Sales > Select your Excel file > Start Import