Sometimes while creating the GSTR-1 E-return excel file we encounter the following error specifying that the office has detected a problem with this file. To help protect your computer this file cannot be opened.
Before doing the below mentioned steps kindly close your Bookkeeper software and make sure it is updated to version 7.1.93 and above.
To resolve this issue, you need to follow below mentioned steps:
1. Please go to This PC/My computer>Then click on My Documents>Click on Bookkeeper Folder and search GSTR1 excel file.
2. Then kindly rename it as GSTR1 OLD.
3. Open the same excel file and click on Save As, As shown below mentioned screenshot:
Please note that save this file on your desktop with exactly the same OLDER name i.e. gstr1
- In the next step, all you need to do is, copy this file from your desktop and paste it in This PC > My Document > Book Keeper Folder.
- In the next step you will need to go to This PC > C Drive > Program Files (*86) > Book Keeper folder > and search the Gstr1 excel file and rename it as GSTR1 old.
- In the last step copy, the excel file again from your desktop (generated in Steps 3 and 4) and paste it into This PC > C Drive > Program Files (*86) > Book Keeper folder.
Now, your issue should get resolved.