When you export from your data from Book Keeper to Tally. you may come across issues or errors while doing so.
There are various possibilities for the same, Some of them are listed below:
- First of all, please make sure you are Genuine license of Tally which is activated. You will not be able to import your data in a pirated copy or free trial or educational mode of Tally software
- Always check for the period that you have mentioned while creating company or before importing your data. You will only be able to import your data for the period that is selected on the Tally dashboard.
- Always import xml files in the same order, first Accounts, followed by Items and then vouchers.
- If you are registered under GST, Enable GST in Tally before importing your data.
- Make sure you are typing correct path of XML files. or just keep those files in easy accessable path, example: copy those files in C:\ or D:\
then path will be like c:\ledgers.xml
If you are facing issues while importing Ledgers.xml
- Check if you have any special character in the name of any ledger account.
- Make sure the Account creation date mentioned in Book Keeper should fall in the same period selected in Tally.
- Before exporting your data, kindly check that you don't have 2 accounts with same name saved 1 in Small letters and 1 in Capital letters.
If you are facing issues while importing Items.xml
- Edit your unit of measure's one by one and check if you have defined UQC for all the unit of measures.
- Check if your Unit name and Symbol under Unit of measure are not same.
- Make sure you don't have any special character being used in the item name.
- If you have made any compound unit of vouchers, you might face issues while importing it in Old Tally. Kindly install the new Tally Prime and then import the file.
If you are facing issues while importing Vouchers.xml
- Make sure all your Accounts and items are imported before you import your vouchers,
- In case you have any zero value voucher, kindly delete that voucher and then export.
- Voucher date must be in current period selected in Tally.
You can also refer to the Import file, if you see any error by C Drive > Program Files > Tally/Tally Prime > Open the tally.imp file in Notepad, Scroll to the last and check the error that it displays.
For any further information, please reach us out at firstname.lastname@example.org