These days electronics have changed one's life because it has become more convenient to us as they complete our work on time and growth of technology such as refrigerator, oven, fan, Washing machine and many more. It has totally reduced the work of human hand. Now, we only need to click on one button and machine finishes it in some minutes all our chore.
And you can now maintain those Electronic business work load in Book keeper software by maintaining their transactions, serial number and even the item catalogue can be seen which you can share to your customer in order to look at them along with the price of the products. Therefore, let's get start into it.
How to Create a new Company?
Open Book keeper > Click on Create New Company > Mention all the details of the company like:
- Company Name
- Business type
- Contact number and Address
- Email Address
- Company GSTIN
- If needed, Company logo and signature
Save the company at the end.
How to Create Customers or Suppliers?
Once the company is created, on the dashboard Click on All Accounts at left side > New Customer or New Supplier. Add the further details of the particular party. Make sure as much details you will mention while creating the party, software will fetch the same details at the time of viewing the voucher.
How to create an inventory item?
On Dashboard, Go to Inventory items > New Inventory Item > Fill up all the details of the particular item > Save it.
You can even import all the products from excel as well in Book keeper
- On the main Dashboard, Go to Tools > Import items/service from excel.
- Download the Excel file and manually mention all the items in our Book keeper excel format.
- Select the same excel file by browsing it from the local device.
- Simply, import it.
How to create a category/Subcategory of the Product
Mostly in the electronics business, we need to mention the category of the product like under what company does it belongs. So, you can define the category by following the steps:
- Go to Inventory item > Edit any particular item > At the top left side click on either ALT+M or Category/Subcategory.
- Mention the category name in the Category field > Click on Add Category.
- For subcategory, add it in the subcategory field > Click on Add Subcategory.
- And both the parts will add automatically in the upper portion > Click on Ctrl +Q.
Note: These category and subcategory cannot be shown in any of the vouchers. However, you can check it out in only two reports: one is Inventory Summary and second is Inventory item details report.
How to Enable Serial number in the Software.
From the Dashboard, Go to Settings > Template Settings > Item Table > Enable Batch/Expiry feature and change name of Batch to Serial No.
Let's create a purchase along with its Serial Number.
- Go to Transactions > Click on Purchase > Create.
- Select the Supplier name, Add the particular item in the item field > Press enter.
- As you press enter, the window will appear in which you can define the Serial number and other details by using the enter button and mention Quantity you have bought.
How to create an invoice and sell one item with a particular Serial number
- Go to Transactions > Invoice > Create.
- Select the Customer name, Add an item in the item field and press enter.
- It will add the same item in the item table.
- Then again press enter > Select the Serial number and Quantity > Continue.
Additional feature of Product Catalogue in Book keeper software
Book Keeper has given a new feature of Product catalogue through which it can help your business to promote the items which you have in the company. It is really easy to open and send it to your customers via Print and PDF. Let's see how you can check it out.
- Go to Inventory Summary Report > Click on "Create Product Catalogue".
- You can apply the filters from the top whatever you want to show in the Catalogue. For example, in this picture, we have enabled the filter of Display default sales price (Inc. Tax) and likewise, you can apply many filters from their itself.
- You can export it to PDF or take out the print for the same by clicking at the top as shown in the below picture.
What all Reports you can check for these?
1. Inventory Tracking report:
In this report, you can check Serial No. wise items. how much items are left from this particular Serial no. and it can give you an exact number for it.
2. Inventory item Details report:
In this report, you can get to know the item wise detail report: How much is the opening stock and how much you have purchased & sold. At the end, it tells the closing stock for a particular period, Applying the filter of Voucher type and Account name at the top.
3. All types of GST reports:
Book Keeper has given all the reports like GSTR-1, GSTR-2, GSTR-3B, GSTR-4 and GSTR-9 from All Reports section on Dashboard.
Other Useful Reports:
- Day Book- In this report, you can generate a day Book that contains daily transactions, sorted by date, for a specified period. Moreover, you can apply the filters according to your own requirement.
- Sales register- This report provides the consolidated sales details to check the effective control on the business along with the profit of each and every sales transactions. It can displays the information of sales for a particular period as well.
- Inventory summary- This report gives you the total Quantity and value of all the stock. Use the filter of specific period, warehouse, category & sub-category and many more.
- Inventory item details- This report allows you to understand the particular item wise transactions alongside applying the filter of Account type and voucher type. Moreover, it gives you the profit of the particular item while you are selling it simultaneously.
- Profit & Loss report- A profit & loss report shows the profitability of the Business over a specific period of time which is commonly used on the basis of Monthly, Quarterly or Annually.
- Customer/Supplier list- This report is often used to check out the customer and supplier details like their GSTIN, Address, Credit period/limit and Significantly more info. Especially, Cash transaction details are also shown over here.
- Outstanding report- We have two specific reports for outstanding one is Receivable and second one is payable. Outstanding receivable report is for the customers from which you have to owe money and payable means that you need to pay the amount to your suppliers.
- GSTR1 report- This report is used for filling the return to the government every month or Quarterly of a taxpayer. It contains all your sales transactions i.e outward supplies.
All these Reports can be exported to Excel, MS Word, PDF Format.
Happy Exploring, Download Book Keeper today and give it a try.
Book Keeper App: The Most Simplified accounting app available on
Android, iOS & Windows PC.
Download now: http://bookkeeperapp.net/download/
Check out all features: http://bookkeeperapp.net/appfeatures/