If you are having a grocery store as a business tool then we have got something special for them who have a business of supermarket. As we all know, Food is the most vital part for human survival and which we all rely and consume in our daily life. Though, grocery store have hundreds of different kinds of product which they have to maintain for many customers so that at the end of the day or month, they can at least check how much profit they have gain through it.
Hence, you can manage all those things in Book keeper without any issue on your fingertips. Moreover, we have Point of Sale feature in which you can do billing more faster than a usual time. Let's begin how you can do it.
How to Create a new Company?
Open Book keeper > Click on Create New Company > Mention all the details of the company like:
- Company Name
- Business type as Retail/Supermarket/Grocery
- Contact number and Address
- Email Address
- Company GSTIN
- If needed, Company logo and signature
Save the company at the end.
How to create an inventory item?
On Dashboard, Go to Inventory items > New Inventory Item > Fill up all the details of the particular item > Save it.
You can even import all the products from excel as well in Book keeper
- On the main Dashboard, Go to Tools > Import items/service from excel.
- Download the Excel file and manually mention all the items in our Book keeper excel format.
- Select the same excel file by browsing it from the local device.
- Simply, import it.
How to create a category/Subcategory of the Product
Mostly in the electronics business, we need to mention the category of the product like under what company does it belongs. So, you can define the category by following the steps:
- Go to Inventory item > Edit any particular item > At the top left side click on either ALT+M or Category/Subcategory.
- Mention the category name in the Category field > Click on Add Category.
- For subcategory, add it in the subcategory field > Click on Add Subcategory.
- And both the parts will add automatically in the upper portion > Click on Ctrl +Q
Note: These category and subcategory cannot be shown in any of the vouchers. However, you can check it out in only two reports: one is Inventory Summary and second is Inventory item details report.
How to Enable Batch/Mfg. Date/Exp. Date in the software
From the Dashboard, Go to Settings > Template Settings > Item Table > Enable Batch/Expiry feature and Whatever options you need, just check make on it like Batch is by default enabled , Manufacturing date and Expiry Date in the Grocery business.
Feature of Point of sale in Book Keeper Windows only
Book keeper already have a feature POS through which at the time of sale, if there are huge number of customers in the store then this feature helps in working a little faster of creating invoices so that no person has to wait for a longer time and it is a really time saving feature from Both ends
Let's check how this feature is On: Go to Settings > Transaction Settings > Enable POS > Save it.
Moreover, You can enable/disable as per your own convenience.
How to create an invoice and sell one item with a particular Batch
- Go to Transactions > Invoice > Create.
- Select the Account as Cash > A window will appear of Buyer details in which you can mention the customer number and other details > Continue or F12 > All the details will show at the time of viewing the invoice.
- Add the item in the item table > Press enter > it will add the same item in the item table.
- Then again press enter > Select the Batch and Quantity > Continue.
Additional feature of Product Catalogue in Book keeper software
Book Keeper has given a new feature of Product catalogue through which it can help your business to promote the items which you have in the company. It is really easy to open and send it to your customers via Print and PDF. Let's see how you can check it out.
- Go to Inventory Summary Report > Click on "Create Product Catalogue" > Display it.
- You can apply the filters from the top whatever you want to show in the Catalogue. For example, in this picture, we have enabled the filter of Display default sales price (Inc. Tax) and likewise, you can apply many filters from their itself.
- You can export it to PDF or take out the print for the same by clicking at the top as shown in the below picture.
What all Reports you can check for Grocery Store?
The very first report you can go through regarding this business is:
- Sales Register
- Day Book
- Profit & Loss report
- Balance Sheet
All types of GST reports
Book Keeper has given all the reports like GSTR-1, GSTR-2, GSTR-3B, GSTR-4 and GSTR-9 from All Reports section on Dashboard.
Other Useful Reports:
- Inventory summary- This report gives you the total Quantity and value of all the stock. Use the filter of specific period, warehouse, category & sub-category and many more.
- Inventory item details- This report allows you to understand the particular item wise transactions alongside applying the filter of Account type and voucher type. Moreover, it gives you the profit of the particular item while you are selling it simultaneously.
- Customer/Supplier list- This report is often used to check out the customer and supplier details like their GSTIN, Address, Credit period/limit and Significantly more info. Especially, Cash transaction details are also shown over here.
- Outstanding report- We have two specific reports for outstanding one is Receivable and second one is payable. Outstanding receivable report is for the customers from which you have to owe money and payable means that you need to pay the amount to your suppliers.
- Day Book- In this report, you can generate a day Book that contains daily transactions, sorted by date, for a specified period. Moreover, you can apply the filters according to your own requirement.
- Sales register- This report provides the consolidated sales details to check the effective control on the business along with the profit of each and every sales transactions. It can displays the information of sales for a particular period as well.
All these Reports can be exported to Excel, MS Word, PDF Format.
Happy Exploring, Download Book Keeper today and give it a try.
Book Keeper App: The Most Simplified accounting app available on
Android, iOS & Windows PC.
Download now: http://bookkeeperapp.net/download/
Check out all features: http://bookkeeperapp.net/appfeatures/