Book keeper has provided for those businessmen who have a business of Automobile parts, Car and Bike accessories. As we all know, transport plays an important role in every person's life because if we need to travel from one place to another then it is the most essential part for our Journey. However, we also need to service our vehicle in order to check if any part is not faulty or oiling is properly up to the mark.
Therefore, we have given an option through which you can maintain all the parts and accessories are selling so that at the end, you can get an idea of how much profit you are gaining from it. Alongside with Batch or Part No. of the items shown in the voucher.
How to Create a new Company?
Open Book keeper > Click on Create New Company > Mention all the details of the company like:
- Company Name
- Business type as Automobile
- Contact number and Address
- Email Address
- Company GSTIN
- If needed, Company logo and signature
Save the company at the end.
How to create an inventory item?
On Dashboard, Go to Inventory items > New Inventory Item > Fill up all the details of the particular item > Save it.
You can even import all the products from excel as well in Book keeper
- On the main Dashboard, Go to Tools > Import items/service from excel.
- Download the Excel file and manually mention all the items in our Book keeper excel format.
- Select the same excel file by browsing it from the local device.
- Simply, import it.
How to create a category/Subcategory of the Product
- Go to Inventory item > Edit any particular item > At the top left side click on either ALT+M or Category/Subcategory.
- Mention the category name in the Category field > Click on Add Category.
- For subcategory, add it in the subcategory field > Click on Add Subcategory.
- And both the parts will add automatically in the upper portion > Click on Ctrl +Q
Note: These category and subcategory cannot be shown in any of the vouchers. However, you can check it out in only two reports: one is Inventory Summary and second is Inventory item details report.
How to Enable Batch or Part No./Mfg. Date in the software
From the Dashboard, Go to Settings > Template Settings > Item Table > Enable Batch/Expiry feature and tick the option of Batch and expiry date.
Note: If you have Selected the business type as Automobile while creating the company then it will automatically enable the Batch/expiry feature and it will give the heading as Model, Color and Mfg. Date or else you can change the Batch to Part No as well.
How to create an invoice and sell one item with a particular Batch
- Go to Transactions > Invoice > Create.
- Select the Account as Cash > A window will appear of Buyer details in which you can mention the customer number and other details > Continue or F12 > All the details will show at the time of viewing the invoice.
- Add the item in the item table > Press enter > it will add the same item in the item table.
- Then again press enter > Select the Batch and Quantity > Continue.
Additional feature of Product Catalogue in Book keeper software
Book Keeper has given a new feature of Product catalogue through which it can help your business to promote the items which you have in the company. It is really easy to open and send it to your customers via Print and PDF. Let's see how you can check it out.
- Go to Inventory Summary Report > Click on "Create Product Catalogue" > Display it.
- You can apply the filters from the top whatever you want to show in the Catalogue. For example, in this picture, we have enabled the filter of Display default sales price (Inc. Tax) and likewise, you can apply many filters from their itself.
- You can export it to PDF or take out the print for the same by clicking at the top as shown in the below picture.
What all Reports you can check for this Automobile business?
The very first report you can go through regarding this business is:
- Sales Register
- Day Book
- Profit & Loss report
- Balance Sheet
All types of GST reports
Book Keeper has given all the reports like GSTR-1, GSTR-2, GSTR-3B, GSTR-4 and GSTR-9 from All Reports section on Dashboard.
Other Useful Reports:
- Inventory summary- This report gives you the total Quantity and value of all the stock. Use the filter of specific period, warehouse, category & sub-category and many more.
- Inventory item details- This report allows you to understand the particular item wise transactions alongside applying the filter of Account type and voucher type. Moreover, it gives you the profit of the particular item while you are selling it simultaneously.
- Customer/Supplier list- This report is often used to check out the customer and supplier details like their GSTIN, Address, Credit period/limit and Significantly more info. Especially, Cash transaction details are also shown over here.
- Outstanding report- We have two specific reports for outstanding one is Receivable and second one is payable. Outstanding receivable report is for the customers from which you have to owe money and payable means that you need to pay the amount to your suppliers.
- Day Book- In this report, you can generate a day Book that contains daily transactions, sorted by date, for a specified period. Moreover, you can apply the filters according to your own requirement.
- Sales register- This report provides the consolidated sales details to check the effective control on the business along with the profit of each and every sales transactions. It can displays the information of sales for a particular period as well.
All these Reports can be exported to Excel, MS Word, PDF Format.
Happy Exploring, Download Book Keeper today and give it a try.
Book Keeper App: The Most Simplified accounting app available on
Android, iOS & Windows PC.
Download now: http://bookkeeperapp.net/download/
Check out all features: http://bookkeeperapp.net/appfeatures/
Article is closed for comments.