Fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) are low value products with a regular high turnover of product. These goods are also called consumer packaged goods. They have a short life because of high consumer demand or because they are perishable.
Consumer goods are products purchased for consumption by the average consumer. They are divided into three different categories: durable and non-durable goods. Durable goods have a shelf life of three years or more, while non-durable goods have a shelf life of less than one year.
FMCGs can be divided into several different categories including:
- Processed foods: Cheese products, cereals, and boxed pasta
- Prepared meals: Ready-to-eat meals
- Beverages: Bottled water, energy drinks, and juices
- Baked goods: Cookies, croissants, and bagels
- Fresh, frozen foods, and dry goods: Fruits, vegetables, frozen peas and carrots, and raisins and nuts
- Medicines: Aspirin, pain relievers, and other medication that can be purchased without a prescription
- Cleaning products: Baking soda, oven cleaner, and window and glass cleaner
- Cosmetics and toiletries: Hair care products, concealers, toothpaste, and soap
- Office supplies: Pens, pencils, and markers
How to Create a new Company?
Open Book keeper > Click on Create New Company > Mention all the details of the company like:
- Company Name
- Business type.
- Contact number and Address
- Email Address
- Company GSTIN
- If needed, Company logo and signature
Save the company at the end.
How to Create Customers or Suppliers?
Once the company is created, on the dashboard Click on All Accounts at left side > New Customer or New Supplier. Add the further details of the particular party. Make sure as much details you will mention while creating the party, software will fetch the same details at the time of viewing the voucher.
How to create an inventory item?
On Dashboard, Go to Inventory items > New Inventory Item > Fill up all the details of the particular item > Save it.
You can even import all the products from excel as well in Book keeper
- On the main Dashboard, Go to Tools > Import items/service from excel.
- Download the Excel file and manually mention all the items in our Book keeper excel format.
- Select the same excel file by browsing it from the local device.
- Simply, import it.
How to Enable Batch/Expiry feature in the Software.
From the Dashboard, Go to Settings > Template Settings > Item Table > Enable Batch/Expiry feature and as per your own requirements, just tick the options and rename the fields like Lot number and etc.
How to create an invoice and sell one item with a particular Lot Number.
- Go to Transactions > Invoice > Create.
- Select the Customer name, Add an item in the item field and press enter.
- It will add the same item in the item table.
- Then again press enter > Select the Batch and Quantity > Continue.
How to take out the print of a voucher and mail it to the client.
Once you have created the voucher, now if you want to print and email to someone on his mail Address then follow the below steps:
- First of all, you should have mentioned the customer email id while creating the particular account of the customer/supplier and company email id must be there in Company Settings.
- Then view the particular voucher > At the top left side either press on Alt+P or click on print
- For Sending to the party, just view the voucher > At the top click on @Send Email as shown in the below picture.
How to Generate Barcode in Book keeper
Nowadays, people are looking to those software as well who generates barcodes automatically of the products in which they don't have barcode number of the particular item. Book keeper have the feature of generating and along with that printing out the barcodes through the software itself.
Just follow the below steps to generate the Barcode:
- On Dashboard, Go to Tools > Item Barcode printing.
- Select the particular item by clicking on in front it or you can even take out the barcode of multiple item in one go.
- It will automatically generate the barcode successfully.
For your reference, you can check the below video in which we have explained everything:
How to Enable POS feature for Fast billing in Book keeper
- On Dashboard, Go to Settings > Transaction Settings > Enable POS > Save it.
As you click on Enable POS, All the Settings will be automatically gets On through which at the time of creating invoice, you can do a little fast billing so that it will consume less time from both ends customer point of view as well as owner. Moreover, You can enable/disable as per your own convenience.
For your reference, please check the below video it will explain how to work on POS:
Now, you can track all the IMEI in Inventory tracking report
Go to All reports > Type Inventory tracking report > Display it and you will get all the details of every Lot number how much you have sold.
How to check the reports?
35+ reports are present in Book Keeper Windows.
Check out full list of 35 reports here. https://bookkeeperapp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/900001827203-Book-Keeper-Windows-claims-35-reports-Where-can-I-see-35-Reports-
- Day Book- In this report, you can generate a day Book that contains daily transactions, sorted by date, for a specified period. Moreover, you can apply the filters according to your own requirement.
- Sales register- This report provides the consolidated sales details to check the effective control on the business along with the profit of each and every sales transactions. It can displays the information of sales for a particular period as well.
- Inventory summary- This report gives you the total Quantity and value of all the stock. Use the filter of specific period, warehouse, category & sub-category and many more.
- Inventory item details- This report allows you to understand the particular item wise transactions alongside applying the filter of Account type and voucher type. Moreover, it gives you the profit of the particular item while you are selling it simultaneously.
- Profit & Loss report- A profit & loss report shows the profitability of the Business over a specific period of time which is commonly used on the basis of Monthly, Quarterly or Annually.
- Customer/Supplier list- This report is often used to check out the customer and supplier details like their GSTIN, Address, Credit period/limit and Significantly more info. Especially, Cash transaction details are also shown over here.
- Outstanding report- We have two specific reports for outstanding one is Receivable and second one is payable. Outstanding receivable report is for the customers from which you have to owe money and payable means that you need to pay the amount to your suppliers.
- GSTR1 report- This report is used for filling the return to the government every month or Quarterly of a taxpayer. It contains all your sales transactions i.e outward supplies.
All these Reports can be exported to Excel, MS Word, PDF Format.